There have been so many opportunities presented this year and they were all great experiences. I've learned so much this year and look forward to what 2015 has to offer. Here are 5 of many moments I've enjoyed in the year of 2014. Thank you to everyone's love and support, I couldn't have done it without anyone involved in each of these moments.
5. Five Days with Fleur du Mal was an instagram blast of their latest lovely leather bra. Each day there was a post on different outfits wearing the leather bra. The quality of all the brands pieces are amazing and comfortable. Fleur du Mal is fun, flirty, a little dirty and so sexy! They specialize in dressing up and underdressing. Ladies if you haven't heard, please visit their site! This was exciting as I worked with film photographer, Christina Paik. Every time we come together its always magic being made.
Photography: Christina Paik
4. The Coveteur interview was probably the quickest shoot I've done, and by far one of the most personal, showcasing my closet, my style, and items I've grown an attachment to. I was so ecstatic for this opportunity to be on The Coveteur next to some of my idols in fashion such as Pharrell, Anna Dello Russo and Olivier Rousteing of Balmain.
Photography: Jake Rosenberg
3. HYPEBEAST.COM Interview was an interview to voice my opinion and answer questions about women in street wear and fashion trends amidst the digital generation. This interview was unlike any interview I've done before. It hit close to heart as being a women in the street wear world is still new and improving. Women are making their mark everyday whether it's in or out of the street wear culture, and everyones contribution counts. The digital generation is also new and the pros and cons of the internet bring up so many questions about where will this all go... are we moving too fast? Can we keep up? So many questions!!!
2. Audi USA presents their first social media campaign called #PaidMyDues. More than 15 creators, artists, musicians, filmmakers, and performers shared moments of how they paid their dues. The footage was live one day in the month of May as we sat and watch everything in full effect at a Santa Monica Airport Hanger. The campaign was brought to you by the latest model of the Audi A3 2015. The Audi brand is from Germany, and showcases their roots through sleek designs, premium interior and need for speed. Ever since the Audi campaign, I was persuaded to own an Audi... sooooo, I got one (LOL). It's amazing to say the least and their customer service is top notch! Not only are they interested in making better cars, they're interested in the consumer!
Aleali for #PaidMyDues
1. ALEALIMAY the site. This has been the best accomplishment of 2014 for me, as I launched this site a couple months ago. It took so long to actually put this into fruition but we're here! Without photographer @AllbyAllen and many others that contributed to this site, it wouldn't showcase my vision as great it does. On here I showcase events I attend, places I go, my experiences and outfits. I mean, no need to write too much on what blog is about... cause I've placed it in the ABOUT section (HA!). Thank you again for everyones support and tuning in every week. Love!
Aleali May for AlealiMay.com